I am Christabel and I’m currently a student. I started fencing when I was in secondary 2.
I joined fencing firstly because my sister was a fencer and she introduced it to me. I thought it would be something fun and new to try out so I agreed. However, when I first tried it out, I was very scared. I was scared of the blade, scared of getting poked, scared of injuring the opponent. But after a few training sessions, I learned more things and I looked forward to training at ABF.
After a few years and going through all the weapon groups, I finally made it to the National Team for women’s sabre. I would not have been able to do it without the patient guidance of the coaches and the members of ABF. Through the journey so far, fencing has changed my life. I have gained new friends and learnt a lot from fencing. Not just about the sport itself but also about sportsmanship and discipline.
Best Personal Achievements:
- 5th p0sition in Australia Fencing Championships 2016
- Bronze medallist in Senior National Championships 2016
- Gold medaillst in the New Taipei Open Fencing Championships 2015
- Team 5th position in Asian Fencing Championships 2015
- Bronze medallist in SEA Games 2015 (Team Event)
- Team Silver medal winner in South East Asian Fencing Championships 2012
- Team Silver medal winner in Fencing Singapore International 2012
- Gold medallist in National Trials I 2012
- Bronze medallist in National Individual Championships 2012
- Gold medallist in Novice Fencing Championship 2011
Junior | Cadet Category
- Silver medallist in National Junior Trials I 2012
- Gold medallist in National Inter-Schools Fencing Championships 2012 (A Div Women’s Sabre)
- Silver medallist in National Inter-Schools Fencing Championships 2012 (A Div Women’s Foil)
- Gold medallist in National Inter-Schools Fencing Championships 2011 (B Div Women’s Epee)
- Bronze medallist in National Inter-Schools Fencing Championships 2011 (B Div Women’s Foil)
- Team 8th position in Singapore Cadet Fencing World Cup 2010 (Mixed Team Event)